Arby Local Time

Magic Mushrooms

Magic Mushrooms
Jumping ants attack when High on Magic Mushrooms

Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Aid Fever

Wednesday August 12th

Up early for first aid. We had to go to Coloundra for it. Coloundra is one place I have been wanting to go to since I first arrived. I saw some very nice beaches on a post card, and this is where it said it was. I was very keen to explore.

Rachel told us that Bec got a new job that just so conviently happened to be in this little city. She quit subway, and now makes sandwhiches and such at a bakery. We were looking for our first aid building when we found her bakery. It was a cute little place and she seemed really happy. We stayed for a quick chat and then headed to our course.

Carl, a moderatly attractive Aussie paramedic was teaching our class for the day. His accent was one of the aussie accents that I felt was one of the better ones. It added to his moderate attractivness! We spent the class going over the usual CPR regime and then went over various other modules for first aid. This was probably the best first aid class I had ever participated in. Since we are currently in a counry where EVERYTHING can kill you at any moment, we went over what to do for snake and spider bites, as well as stings. It was very interesting. I now want to be ready at all times- I need to buy guaze- you never know what bush a funnel web spider will be hiding in!

When we finished up with our class, we were all hungry and so we dropped by to see bec again. Adog and I were temporarily vegans, and so this lead to my veggie wrap. I couldnt get away with a gluten free wrap- but was hungry enough not to care! The wrap was delicious. We went on to go catch the bus. We didnt have much time and so we were walking fast. I have been looking for a good shelf for my room for a little while, and as we passed a shop, I noticed some cheap ones. I told the girls that I was going to just catch the next one. We all decided to stop for a look and all catch the next one. This was a good plan since I dont think we would have made it anyways. On further examination of the shelf, I decided it was not what I was looking for. We hit up a few more shops but did not find anything special. It was time to catch the next bus. We would have to come back to beach explore another day.

When I got home, I was soo tired. I didnt sleep much last night- as per usual, and so I had a nap. When I woke up, we went to the gym. It was pretty late by time I got home. I showered and ate and then talked to Justin for a bit via email. We dont talk on the phone as much now that I am back from Canada. It was getting too expensive. It is not easy dating someone over seas and not being able to hear their voice at least once a day. I dont know how people did it way back when the technology was insufficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment