Arby Local Time

Magic Mushrooms

Magic Mushrooms
Jumping ants attack when High on Magic Mushrooms

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home Good Bye


Monday July 27th

Back to Australia! I slept most of the day as Justin and I were up late. When we did finally get up, I packed up my mostly packed stuff- again! We did some quick last minute running around. I didnt get everything done, so Justin was left with a list of things to do after I was gone. Poor guy! One thing I had to get was some red plastic drinking cups. They do not sell these small treasures in Australia. I call them treasures because in Aus, everyone is sooo jealous when they see me holding the cups in pictures. They see them on movies all the time. A bit of a novelty I suppose. Shonleigh was going to love them.

When we got to the airport we lined up to check me in. Uh oh the lady said. When did you purchase your ticket? Last night, why is there a problem? Oh No, its just that it takes some time to get into our system and its not here yet. She sent us to the purchasing line just over. We waited in line and were soon standing in front of a very sweet Lady named Kory. Justin mentioned to us that she was the one who Justin purchased my ticket from in the first place for my journey here. She smiled at us and was very helpful. We chit chatted and unexpectedly she gave Justin a gate pass so that he could walk me right to the airplane basically! He was my "translator", as I was having problems with my english! *wink wink*. Kory is the best! I wanted to kiss her!

After this, we went through security and found a place to eat some wings. We were both a little emo ( for you old farts, this means EMOtional...), because I was leaving. Not too much of an appetite. We just picked at them. It was nearing the time I had to leave, and so we crept to a bench and sat at my gate for a little bit. Before we knew it, a lady came on the intercom. "We will be seating passengers at the back of the plane first, rows ( so on and so on) can now board the plane". We couldnt believe it! Of course they want to seat me first! UGH! We let the line go first and gave eachother lots of little kisses and hugs. After there was no line, I slipped a little note in his pocket, gave him a big kiss and hug, and started walking towards the plane. I turned back to see him waiting til he could not see me anymore. My eyes filled with tears. It was 100times harded to leave this time. I knew what to expect in Australia, I knew how much I was going to miss my family, and Justin- things with him and I are getting more serious. Long distance relationships are hard, and the good byes are definitly the most difficult part of them. The count down was started for the next time we would meet.

As I neared the plane, the flight attendant asked how I was- my face ready to explode with stress fluid yet again! Airport workers must experience alot of emotions from people saying good bye. I found my seat and felt soo alone. I was seated next to no one, and was extremely upset. It was not a very good flight. I tried to sleep, but could not help thinking about everything I left.

When I got to Vancouver, I found my gate and had a seat. I was still quite upset. The pay phones were busy. I had about two hours to wait. I began to read my book but could not concentrate on it. Finally, a payphone was free. I called Justin. ( I know, boo for sappiness!!!) We talked for a few minutes about how retarded our situation was and how we both were pretty well full of tears when I walked away from him a couple hours earlier! I was on a payphone and did not talk for long. I felt a bit better, but still sadened. I did some reading and people watching. Then I boarded my plane.

Tuesday July 28th/ 29th

I got on my plane and searched for my seat. I was window seat as I some how manage to usually be. I was next to an older couple who must have been in their mid 60's. Robin and her Husband Peter who moved to Canada from Australia when they were young for work and school. They did not know how long they would stay but ended up living there permanently in Prince George. They recently had moved to Nanaimo to be closer to their grown up offspring and so on. It was pleasant talking with them. I watched a movie and slept most of the way. I was going to look at pictures on my lap top as Justin had lent me his SD cards to upload pictures to my computer. I had not seen all of them yet and was very excited. I went to plug it in and- it didnt work. There is no way my battery would have lasted long enough to upload pictures. I was disapionted and decided to drift off to sleep while I somehow left the hour I had been in July 28th, and flew into July 29th!

As I neared Sydney, I readied myself for the transfer. I realized I did not have a new boarding pass and would have to grab one. I was also informed that I had to “identify” my bags and not have to retrieve them before getting on my next flight. When I got off the plane, this was not the case. Sydney ended up being a night mare- super unorganized! I followed the crowd trying to find where to go. I went through customs no problem- they make me nervous now! Then it was to baggage claim. My bags were there, and I didn’t see anywhere to “identify” them. I grabbed them and tried to figure out which line, from the many to choose from, was my line. I spotted a line that wrapped around the whole baggage area. This was a very long line. I did not want to have to be in that one, so I asked a lady who worked there where I needed to be. Unfortunatly, she pointed me to that line! I walked all the way back with my luggage and slowly made my way to the front.

As I got closer to the front, I realized there was another lady looking at boarding passes and directing people to other lines.I was the next person, when a guy from the middle of my line behind me came up to her and asked her a question. She walked with him to where his family was. She was gone. Where do I go from here?? UGH! I don’t go in the express line- so I must have to go into that other mess of lines that are going every which way! ^*%^#$@$@#$$%&^*- not good! I made my way through some how after some effort. A man was slowly checking passes which I did not have. I passed him my baggage claim passes and what I had. He directed me to the left. I went through security with no checks. It seemed to have been mostly asian people getting checked. I think they usually pack fruits and parishable items like that. Their lack of English does not help.

I finally go to another room, and guess what! MORE LINES! I went into the line that seemed to fit my situation. I did not have over sized luggage, and I was not an express. I lined up. I waited. After some time, I began to get nervous. I didn’t have much time until I was suppose to board my flight. I asked the girl behind me how long she thought the line would take. She said I should go ask what to do, as my flight was more urgent. She watched my luggage and I snuk through to ask a lady. Lucky thing that I did. Turns out that I had to grab my bags and go to the front of the line. I got through and went though some more security. It was go go go until- I had to stop and wait for the bus to take me to domestics. Sun of a gun!

I got on the bus. It was packed full of people and so I was left to stand. Not a big deal since I did not have much carry one and my big bag was checked. Then there was the smell. It was gross. BO mixed with curry! I couldnt breathe through my nose at all. I made a face trying to figure out where it was coming from. Meanwhile, it was taking the driver about 10 minutes to figure out how to close the door. I felt really safe being on a bus that the driver did not understand how to use… what??

Finally we started up. We were on our way. The bus took a corner and a young pretty blonde girl kind of fell into me. She apologized. Then she said sorry for the body oder- she has been traveling for so long and not able to shower. I felt bad immediately. She must have seen me make the face and cover my nose. I replied with, “oh I know. I think everyone smells bad!” I hope she felt better, but really, she smelled like death! OI! I had seen her earlier. She had a huge drum like bag of luggage. I think maybe she was a drummer in a band. How cool is that. Maybe she is on tour!!

I got off the plane and into the next building. I looked at the screen- at my gate- LAST CALL!! OMG! Seriously?? I looked down the corridor. Really? Like REALLY? My gate was the very last one at the very end of the long hall?? Really?

I started to book it! I wasn’t alone. There were two people in front of me also running. After a couple minutes of sprinting, we finally made it. The young girl went in before me, and as they glanced at her passport, they asked why she was late. She shrugged and walked through. It was my turn and his question annoyed me! I stated that this was the most unorganized airport ever- but in a calm and collected way. He replied by saying that it was completely organized. I wondered what drugs he was taking. Definitely not a smart pill! Moron!

I was on my last flight. Right snug in the very middle of the plane between two ladies. I was soo tired! I used the head pillow to squeeze my head in and keep it from moving. I was out like a light! I did not wake until we began our decent. They were picking up garbage. I realized that I had missed out on snack! BOO! I was hungry too. When the flight attendant came by, I asked for some food. She gave me a package of two cookies, and a bottle of juice that was too sweet. Gross!

I got off the plane and grabbed my luggage. I was going to use a trolley, but in Brisbane, you have to pay for them. Forget that! I made my way to a train station ticket purchaser. Bought a ticket to get me to Woombye as that is where Shonleigh said she would pick me up. Although, she doesn’t know I am coming today. I inquired about getting credit for my phone. They said something about going all the way upstairs and across and blah blah blah. By that time I would miss my train.

I used the escalator with all my bags. I heard some people waiting for the elevator say “ she took the escalator!!” Why yes I did, because I had a very long travel and did not feel like WAITING for the elevator! Escalator worked great! I went to the train purchaser by the station to ask a question about my route. She looked puzzled and told me to go a different, more direct and faster route. Thank god I asked a question! UGH! I sat down on the train.

The train took me to Bowen Hills in Brisbane. I got off and switched trains to another one that went to Sunny Coast. I eventually got off at Woombye after an hour and a half! What a journey! So here I was at my destination. How to get a hold of Shon. I looked around the tain station. No pay phone. I looked up the street. Hmm theres one at the top of the hill. How nice. I hauled all my luggage to the pay phone up the street. I plugged a 50 cent piece in and tried to work it. No luck. It was not right. I had never used a payphone in Aus before. I cannot seem to work them. I walked into a near by coffee shop with my luggage. There was an asian lady working. I asked her where I could buy credit. She was confused, and eventually I asked if I could use her phone to call a local number. I gave her Shonleighs mobile number and the lady claimed it was weird. She began to dial and I informed her it was a mobile and that is why it didn’t start with 54. Then she hung up stating she cannot call mobiles with her phone. I didn’t believe her but was too exhausted to argue. She said she would watch my bags for my while I ran up the street some more to buy some credit.

I bought some credit and immediately, Chakley texted me asking how my trip was. I called him asking where he was as he lived close by. He said he had to pick his little brother Jake up, and would see if Shonleigh could grab me. My phone was dying! He called back saying Shon was unable to grab me and that he would but I would have to wait 25 minutes. I was relieved. While I was waiting, Justin texted me asking if I had arrived alright. Then he called. We chatted until Chakley arrived. I guess my phone had enough juice in it. J Mat and his brother helped me with my luggage. They are both soo adorable. Mat has a baby face and his brother is a mini him! I said my good byes to them as they had to leave. Miss Cloe was home- but Shonleigh was not. I took my bags upstairs.

I went on the internet right away. I had to pay my rent, as the money did not transfer quick enough and my rent did not go through. Banking is stressful when living in two different countries!

Shon came home, and Adog came over. It was sooo good to see them. We caught up on all of our stories. Adog did not have any problems with her Roo Poo either. YAY!! Shon went to work and Adog and I spent the night chatting. I was sleepy and so I went to bed early! SIGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment