Arby Local Time

Magic Mushrooms

Magic Mushrooms
Jumping ants attack when High on Magic Mushrooms

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Buderim Waterfalls


Feb 21st Saturday

Woke up late because I had a late night on the phone to Canada. We were suppose to go hiking up Mt Coolum. I was too tired at 0830 and slept in til 1100. Shonleigh asked us out to have lunch with her two friends from Brisbane who were up for the day. Rachel was too tired as she had gone surfing with Mat early this morning. Amanda and I decided to go. Mooloolaba bound we were. Met up with Curtis and Grant who are both 19. Curtis is a manager for Gloria Jeans coffees. This is where Shonleigh works and they might be able to get me a job here. There Tim Tam ice drink is delicious! I dont like chocolate, but yum!! We decided that we should go to a mexican resturant, being so close to Mexico and all....

The food was good. I have had better. What can I expect. Im sure a few things have been lost in translation. Curtis and Grant were good fun and we went back to the coffee shop afterwards. Curtis brought us all free iced drinks. We all agreed to go with Curtis to pick up some chia tea leaves from Buderim.

While in Buderim, Shonleigh had the good idea to stop by the waterfalls. None of us have been here before and it turned out to be a great little adventure. As we were hiking down, Amanda and I stopped to take pictures of these beautiful bright yellow and orange mushrooms. Curtis and Shon were ahead and Grant was watching us strange Canadian girls who seem to be excited about the most ordinary things. While taking pictures I noticed an ant hill within close proximity of these mysterious fungal life form. ( sounded smart eh?? lol) Then I noticed that these ants were jumping! Yes, thats right. I said JUMPING!!! Then I realized they were jumping quite high and towards us!! We started screaming, (us girls not Grant) and running. Curtis and Shonleigh heard us and started coming back. We told them what had happened and they all just laughed! Later I realized that these ants werent some kind of crazy- farther along in the evolutionary chain- kind of ants, but that they were simply just high off of the crazy magic mushrooms they were eating!! I wish they would share instead of chasing us away like that... but would you share if they could make you leap like that?? hmm...

We got to the water fall and BOOM I was in. It was awesome. I was able to go right under the water and everything. Luckily, I wear my bikini into town every time. I had also brought a towel. Talk about preparedness!! While walking around in the pool by the water fall, I saw an eel!! It freaked Amanda out alot, but I wasnt as scared as I thought I should be. Maybe because Grant wasnt scared. He lives here, its a- monkey see monkey being calm, monkey do and copy calmness of first monkey- kind of thing.

After arriving home, Shonleigh got ready for work and left. We were suppose to go out into Mooloolaba to the night clubs, but no one really felt like it at all. Jess came home and she really wanted to take Myspace out. She talked the rest of us into it. We started to have a few drinks, but us Canadians were not feeling it too much. Amanda ended up just staying at home.

As Rachel, Jess, Myspace, Jack, and I were walking to the bus stop,( yes thats right, we took the bus to the bar lol), Jess felt something and brushed it off with a little scream. Upon examination, we found a big spider in the grass. We got some pics and then left. It was really big and wow! This is the part where I wish I could put more pictures up. Although it is still on Racheals camera.

We went to a place called The Wharf Tavern. We got there and Racheal and I were actually happy about it. We didnt really want to go out, but this place looked like a place we could like. It was an older crowd with a live band who played good music. Jess convinced us to go upstairs as that is where the scene is and all the good dancing. We had already paid $5 to get in, thought that was good, but didnt realize we had to pay another $10 to get upstairs. We really didnt want to, but Jess was so sure about it. We go upstairs and immediatly knew it wasnt our scene. What it was was a bunch of 18 year olds. Drunk and again I was the old goat! We did have an ok dancing. Myspace and Jack got along very well for having just met that day.

We were sitting at a table and the guys went to go get one more stool. As they did this, a guy came to sit with us ladies. As he went to take a seat on the stool, Jack came from behind and pulled it out. The guy went down gracefully and then PLOP flat out on his back! hahahahaha BAHAHHAHA it was sooo funny. Jack is a short 18 yr old. I have learned he can be pretty rouwdy, as most young men think they are tough. They guy who fell stood up and was a fair bit taller than young Jacko. he turns and says," who pulled it away from me??" He was quite upset but I hurriedly convinced him to leave. He did this with no trouble as I think his ego was a little crushed.

We convinced the other to finally go back downstairs where I met a few ppl who were actually 24! The oldest I have met since being here. They werent much for conversation, but the music and vibe from downstairs was better. We left to go catch a taxi home. We saw a guy lying half on the road and half on the side walk. Racheal and I being nurses, stopped to see if he was ok. He couldnt open his eyes and was barley audible. There was a small amount of vomitt in front of him as well. Shortly after seeing him and trying to see if he was ok, the police showed up and carried him into the drunk tank. WOW! Im glad I have never been like that! Moderation is soo important!! We also saw a couple of guys climb the fence and jump into the turtle tank. A security guard saw them and they quickly fleed the scene. This club was just off the harbour and they also have a small marine kind of amusment park here.

We grabbed a Maxi Taxi with some Americans that we seem to run into everywhere. Came home and finally, peaceful slumber!

2 comments:

  1. Arbs the color is too hard to read... keep to black or dark blue.... Your blog is frickin funny... even tho you told me most of the stories on the phone, still funny. I told T to read it as well.... love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah.. its really beautiful

    ReplyDelete