Arby Local Time

Magic Mushrooms

Magic Mushrooms
Jumping ants attack when High on Magic Mushrooms

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Camping in the Outback

Feb 25th/26th

Wednesday classes went well. Nothing too exciting there. I met with my patho group and I really like it. We are all smart and on the same page as to what to do. Should be pretty straight forward. I had a large break between classes. As I was walking to my last lecture, Ron was walking out of his house. Ron is Nicko's flat mate. I asked him what was up and he informed me he was going camping. When I inquired I was told he was just going for the night by himself. I then told him that I always have thursdays off and that he should let me know next time. He then asked me if I wanted to go when I was out of class.... HELL YES!!

Came home from class and packed my bag. It felt nice to go somewhere and only take a small bag instead of luggage that I have been lugging around for 2months! Ron's mate offered me her Swag. Yes, I actually did say Swag! Now what a Swag is is a water proof sleeping bag/ mattress. It is really cool. Army green and you tuck a balnket inside. Its soo sweet! We need these in Canada! I was soo toasty warm.

Ron's mate Johnny decided to join us as well. We took his car and drove about two hours inland. Destination Somerset Dam. ( does Dam have an "N" on the end if it isnt used as a swear?? hmmm) It was dark by time we arrived. We didnt have any food or anything. I was wondering how organized these boys would be. We met up with Troy and Alex who were Ron's and Johnny's bosses. They are still Nicko's bosses. Well actually, Alex is head chef at the Kawana hotel. Anyways, met them and started drinking a bit. Alex made the best porkchops I have ever had. They were soo juicy and succulent! Hmm I will be craving those the rest of my life! YUM!!

We ended up playing drinking games and having a great time. Alex had started the night a little too early and retired quickly. I taught the boys some drinking games from Canada, and slaps was a big hit!! We also played poker. I was doing well, but it was getting late so we just went all in. I dont know why we do that. Its not as fun. Its not like you use skill when you do that. No real victory for the winner! haha I didnt win if you cant tell! :)

Troy then went to bed. The last three of us stayed up playing slaps. I was soo tired I finally went to bed. In the morning, we found Ron sleeping on the inflatable couch hugging the axe!! Bahahaahaha, so funny!! As soon as I get a copy of that picture, I will post it!

I remember spending a good portion of the night taking pictures of this spider! It had a huge web. Crazy!! The spider I saw this morning had bright orange and yellow legs. I didnt have a camera on me, but you should have seen it! Maybe I will see another one on my next adventure!

We went swimming in the lake after we woke up. It was refreshing. The coldest water I have experienced so far, but nothing compared to home. There is a rope swing here as well, but it didnt look too safe, so I decided not to swing. The boys were barely clearing the rocks! Thank god nothing happened! ( see mom, I make good decisions sometimes :)

Went looking for some fire wood and had an awesome breakfast. Having a nap on the hammock when Ron see's a Koala! It was really high up in the gum tree. It was soo cute. I really wish I could have seen in closer. All they do day in and day out is sleep on a tree branch. Troy was saying that the gum leaves give them a high. Well no wonder they sleep all the time! Im surprised they dont go looking for munchies! These gum trees are really something else. I will have to post some pictures. I guess its not all that common to see Koala bears in the wild. I think Amanda and Rachel are a little jealous! They had class today and so they couldnt come.

I also drove a car today! Just to and from the bathrooms at the camp ground, but WOW is it weird! Even the signal lights (which are called indicators here) are on the oppisite side. I kept going to put the car in drive or reverse but I have to use my left hand!! Its really weird!! I cant wait to get used to it. Then I can come home and have to learn all over again! hahha

Ron says that we were technically in the out back. I thought it would be red earth and not much vegitation. It wasnt like that at all. So Im not sure if I would personally consider it as such.

Had a really good over night trip. Back home now. Its Wombai night again, every thursday. Its the Uni night to go out. Cheap drinks and transport. I decided not to go. I want to save my money for better things. Take it easy tonight.

Really happy everyone is enjoying my blog so much. I like the feed back. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Hey kiddo! More adventures huh?Boy it all sounds like so much fun. Maybe I should take up nursing! I ran into Chris last night at Earls> Chris was the guy I met at that club with u, and then he was at Earls with you guys at WEM rite? Anyway he says hi. He was with one of the blondes from the first club we met at. any way that was my excitment for the day. jeez good thing I don't have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi it's julie
    so how r u doing wish my dad a happy b-day

    ReplyDelete
  3. julie again
    my dad is turing 38 yrs. old

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really glad you dont have a blog Mark. That would be boring and confusing. I have no idea what guy you are referring to. You picked up a guy?? I should say "another"... always trying to kiss my guy friends!! ahahah

    Happy birthday yesterday!

    Cheers Julie!

    Arby

    ReplyDelete