Arby Local Time

Magic Mushrooms

Magic Mushrooms
Jumping ants attack when High on Magic Mushrooms

Monday, February 16, 2009

Getting Connected

Monday Feb.16th

First day of orientation. They call it "o" week. FUN! haha Today was just for international students. We didnt really know where to go and walked into a building that everyone was going into just to discover it was the building for international students learning english! lol REATREAT RETREAT!!!

Found where we were suppose to be and got id cards. Went to some boring lectures. Im pretty excited I am finally getting my education done! It has been a long three years of jumping through hoops trying to get this done! Relief... sigh!

on our way back to our Unit, a kangaroo crossed our path. I noticed it had a Joey in the pouch. We were all soo excited. Pictures coming soon now that we know we can use a normal adaptor with our lap tops, ( and we got internet today as well!!!!! Woot woot).

We also went to the bank and got a new account. I feel like a grown up.... scary! :) We did our first grocery shop in Aus. Its hard when you are used to brands and routine shops at home. Its different here. Although lunch meat is cheap!! I bought about 300g for $0.96 Aussie. Canadian dollar is stronger too. WOW!!!

Later, the three of us went for a jog and then a late swim. Water in the pool was soo warm. We are going for a jog again in the morning. It is good when so many of us motivate eachother to be so fit. We are going to make schedules. It should be a good time. The only thing we will break routine for is hangovers and study time!! hahahaha

1 comment:

  1. Hey, We're so glad you made it safe and sound. Kev and Mark installed laminate flooring in the living room on Sat. and it looks terrific. I painted some awesome tissue papers onto canvas. Kev says Hi. He's sore today from being on his knees all day. Last night Jules, me and Kev watched a really bad chic flick, starring Richard Gere, need I say more. It was really lame but jules and I both endured the movie because Kev was giving us head massages. I wondered how Kev managed to endure the movie since no one was giving him a head massage. So, Mandy told me that you don't have a camera, for real? Pics are worth a thousand words. How are u going to document your adventure? And share it with everyone? Mandy is scanning the covers of old books that G.G. gave her and using them for textures for her digi scrappin. It's chilly today but not bad feeding the horses all snowsuited up. The trees have such beautiful thick hoar frost. It's been building up for days, getting thicker everyday. I haven't answered your blog earlier because I thought you'd be so busy getting settled to read my very long blah blah blog blurbs. I love you and think of you everyday. Love Mim xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete