Arby Local Time

Magic Mushrooms

Magic Mushrooms
Jumping ants attack when High on Magic Mushrooms

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Perfect Day

Feb 24th

This is definitly going into the memory vault of great days! Woke up 0600 to go surfing with Matt. Hit the beach and met his friend Em, cute little blonde. Total surfer babe. Matt was nice enough to lend me is beginner board. He gave me a beach lesson first and then we hit the waves. It went really well. He said I was doing well and even Em said I had the balance. I did get up on my knees a few times, but it will just take time and practice. It is difficult, especially since I am not used to all the salt in the water. It stings the eyes and goes up your nose, not to mention the horrible taste it has! Yugh! After about 1 1/2 hours of this tedious wonderful sport, I was done. I had hit my elbow on the fin, and could tell I was getting lazy and tired. I told Matt to go hard but that I needed to go lay on the beach. I had a nap laying on the surf board waiting. I even did something sooo Australian afterwards. We went to a surf store because Matt needed a few things, and I went in with no shoes or shirt!!!! just my togs ( Bikini) and shorts!!

next, I came home and ate. had a shower and readied myself to meet up with my fellow Canadians. We went to go buy text books. We were going to split the cost of them and share them betweent he three of us. They were not organized and were not sure what books to get because they did not know what classes they were in. So we didnt get any and I came home. Next was to go shopping with Nicko. I needed his help to buy a camera. In the unit here, no one locks there doors. I went to Nicko's house and on the floor was a note saying "Canadians, we will still go for a hike, and Arby, dont worry we will still have time to shop". Turns out he needed to accompany his friend to the hospital. His friend broke his hand in a motorcycle accident and his hand is screwed for life pretty much now. Its really sad. He has to learn to use his left hand now.

Went shopping and decided, I need a job before I buy one and Mandy to tell me what I need in a camera... (hint hint Mandy!!) So we came back home waiting for the girls to get home.

Finally time to hit the road. Bec joined us as well. We drove to Mt. Tibrogargan. It seems to just appear out of no where. It is part of the Glasshouse Mountains. Nikco who is a climber said it was a grade 1 climb and should be easy as pie. We hiked up to the base of the mountain. Nothing to it. Then we came across rock that looked like Flin Flon. No problem. Im up. Then we get to a steeper part. Nicko is up it, i attempt. Get really scared. I have to pause. Im second guessing this part. Bec has already stopped before the base of the mountain. Maybe this isnt a good idea. What if we cant get back down after this? Nicko said that last part was the hardest, but this feels harder!! Amanda and Racheal are unsure as well. What if we get up, but it takes us so long that when we come back down its dark and we cant get down and then the spiders and snakes eat us!?!?!?? What was Nicko thinking?!!?! The girls have made up their minds they are not going any further. Its settled we will go back down. Oh wait a minute. If I can grab the rock there and just... oh here we go. All the sudden I am above Nicko and feeling fine. The girls are reconsidering the climb but are still hesitant and scared. We some how keep going up despite this being the scariest climb any of us have ever done!! Then Amanda passes me, after having alot of trouble with one part. Then we all seem to be in good spirits and able to do it even though it is scary. At one piont, Nicko even had to grab my hand and pull me a little bit up. That was the scariest for me! Putting all my trust into him with my life while he pulled me up a tiny cliff!!!! You may not have approved mom. No saftey features at all!! hahaha

I ended up being first to the top of the mountain! What an amazing feeling that was! I think us three girls were all feeling the same euphoric sensation. We had to have been because we turned towards the veiw and decided to take our bikini tops off and hold them in the air, while lucky Nicko took a picture of our bare backs from behind with all the veiw in front of us! Amazing picture! Will be posted soon!

We also saw alot of HUGE spiders! I was the bravest and got a picture of one right beside my head!! Will also be posted soon! Nicko was saying that the female is the large one while the male is the small one. HAHA There were lots of them. He also gave us some history on Mt tibrogargan and other surrounding mountains.

We then drove to an out look to take a picture of all the mountains together. It was getting pretty dark by this time. We then drove to a close by water fall. I am not sure what it was called. I think Gardener Falls. No one was there. Nicko says it is usually full during the day. It was a short hike to the falls. Too dark for any pictures though. We will have to go back during the day some time. Nicko was first to jump in. It is a cliff you jump off of right beside the falls. The pool is very deep and refreshing. I was next. It was soo scary! It took some- Arby, get your ass in there- talk to myself to actually get me to jump! Then in came Racheal! It was soo nice! Amanda had her glasses on and would be blind, so she didnt come in. Bec had a bad headache so she didnt join us either. I was telling Racheal and Nicko that we should be naked. I told them nakedness makes everything better! hahah They agreed! :) ( definitly your daughter mom!!)

There was a rope swing too. I went to climb out to take a swing. I was standing in the water on a rock and I felt something on my toe. I tried to kick it off thinking it was nothing. It released and then it came back on! By this time I really freaked out and jumped in any way I could! I ended up doing a belly flop!!! Ouch!! Nicko laughed! I didnt end up going on the rope swing! Maybe next time haha!

I dont know if it is just me... ok yes I do. It is just me. I have such a hard time peeing in a lake or pool or anything if I am treading water. Even when I am hanging on to something it is difficult, but not as much so. I had to pee and could do it. Finally just before my toe was attacked, I was able to. I had to really relax. I hate that!! Maybe thats why something attacked my toe... hmmm essense of Arby... yummmy!! hhahaha

Walking back to the car, we were all talking. Then something moved in the bush and it was pretty loud!! us three Canadian girls screamed sooo loud and not the kind of loud yelp, but screamed and froze and freaked right the hell out! It lasted a good long 8 seconds! When we had stopped, Nicko " its just a bat"... I swear during the 8 seconds, I had imagined a man charging towards us with a knife or chainsaw! He was even wearing a mask!! Wow the dark and imagination can really make someone go crazy!!

Got home and did a little research since I had to meet with my Pathopysiology group the next day. Ron invited me over for a movie with him, Nicko, and Bec. I went over and watched Hulk. It was really good. Also saw a little bit of a Bristish show called Boosh. It was pretty funny.

Perfect end to a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment