Arby Local Time

Magic Mushrooms

Magic Mushrooms
Jumping ants attack when High on Magic Mushrooms

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amanda's Green Birthday

March 17th

Happy St. Patricks Day! Not nearly as big here as it is in Canada. I did not hear one Aussie say anything about green beer!

Happy Birthday Amanda! Amanda turned 23. For her Birthday, Jess, Rachel, and I went to buy a swim suit that Amanda has been eyeing for some time now. We even got her two, it was a two for one dealski! They have the Aussie Flag on them. I love them and I cannot wait til I can get one too!

Of course I went to class first! I thought I would mention this so you guys know I am actually concentrating on my studies and not just partying all the time! :)

When I came home, I prepared my potato bake. Then I helped Rachel and Amanda make home made perogies since they do not have any here! After wards, I rushed around trying to get ready. Shonleigh curled my hair with the streightner and I put together an out fit making sure I was wearing some green! I also braided shonleighs hair.

We had a potluck at my place. Aussies never use the term potluck and they seemed to really like it. Brock even stated " what a good idea!! We should do this more often!!" The boys were really cute about it. Brock and Ben brought a cake that they made themselves! Although we didnt actually get to eat the cake and it seemed to disappear! hmmm... Some of the Pom's made a jelly bean cake... it was questionable, but sweet all the more! Shon and Jess made extremely Green cupcakes with a dark green icing. I over heard some of the girls talking the next day about how their poo's were the same green colour! haha Good thing I dont like sweets that much!

We had a pretty good turn out. Even Jason the Canadian came up for the night from Brisbane, He came bearing gifts! I now have on my wall down stairs, and Alberta, and a Saskatchewan flag. Woot woot. He also brought a Canadian frisbee, and Kraft Dinner! The real kind. They dont have that here either. Just mac n cheese. YUGH! I am really glad he came because if it werent for him, I would have cooked the perogies and potato bake all alone, and done dishes alone as well! i am truly the mom around here.

Jason saw that I had some plastic cups and he got a bunch of us together and we played flippy cup! Soo much fun. I think my team only lost twice! So we drank and we were marry. We headed to the Warf. It was a really good time. I think I spent most of the time with Jason. We called Stacey again! I think she really enjoyed it! I always enjoy calling my Rockstar and it feels nice to know someone who knows stacey or someone close to me. Brings me back to home!

We cabbed it home and went to bed.

Wed March 18th

Drank lots and lots of water and headed to Uni. It wasnt an early class. All three of us Canadians made it though. Good thing they were just lectures. Definitly would not have gone out if it wasnt Amanda's Brithday! hahah

Nothing special happened. I did alot of reading in my room and wrote a letter to my Auntie.

I do want to write a late entry. During the slip n slide, Lewis was hilarious!! We would be standing and talking. All of the sudden something would touch my leg and we would all look down at Lewis is a full out fish/ dolphin impersonation!! Arms at side and flopping around puckering his lips! He would even flop his tail up and down! When I say tail, I of course mean feet in tail shape! hahahaha One of the best moments from camping. I really wish I had a video of that. I will have to get him to re-enact it for me! Funny Funny stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment