Arby Local Time

Magic Mushrooms

Magic Mushrooms
Jumping ants attack when High on Magic Mushrooms

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Crocodile!!!!

Firday March 13th

Went to class at 1000. It was my lab again. Every friday. This is the class that is also my practical placement. I dont start that in the hospital until July. Which sucks because it is my break. It really sucks because Amanda and Rachel dont have to do it and will be out and about exploring and discovering on their break! :( What makes it even worse, if it wasnt bad already, is the fact that what we learn in this class is all Medication administration! I have been doing this for 3.5 years. I feel like I could teach the class. The only differences is the names of meds and things like Vital Signs, they call Obs. For observations. I can learn those anytime. It wont make a huge difference in my work. After class I sent off an email to see if I can some how gain credit for it. It would save me time, bordom and money.

When I got home before I could send my emial, Nicko, Ford, and Joel were itching to go camping. They were just waiting for me. The other girls had rides with other people. I had half packed already, but found all my clothes stuffed in a bag in my room when I got there. Anoying. I had to take them out and repack! Nicko had ordered Shonleigh to shove my stuff in there. haha Just made them wait a little longer! Geez boys!

To my surprise, when I finally was done rushing, we still had to go to Woolys and the liquor store and a couple of other places! Why could the boys not do this while waiting for me! They had all morning! GRR!! haha The ride down to Boromba Dam was very nice. We stopped at Nicko's dads place to pick up a few things. When we finally got to the dam, it was just the 4 of us and we had the two jet ski's. We didnt camp in the camp ground. We camped out across the lake. Yes we noticed the "no camping" signs... but we are Canadian ( some of us anyways) and we dont know the rules here!! lol We jet skiied around the lake looking for a good camping spot for about 17 ppl. We went to one bank, were Nicko and Joel went onto land. They had scared a baby Crocodile up into a tree! I was on the other Jet Ski with Ford! I was soo excited and freaked out about it! I was screaming about how there was this Croc and then asking if its ok to swim! If only you could imagine the kind of excitment I had! Croc and platipus were the only things really Australian I had left on my list!! Nicko and Joel had to go into the water to clear the weeds to get on their jet ski. This freaked me out a little since there was a croc right there!!

We eventually found a spot and went back to the truck to get a small load so we could start setting up. About a half hour after seeing the croc, I was standing by the car. I still couldnt believe I saw one and so I said, " wow, I cannot believe I saw a Croc!!! " The boys alll started laughing! Turns out it was just a big lizzard called a Goanna! UGH!!! They fooled me! An older guy heard our story and replied, " oh you dont have to worry about any crocs here my dear, all the bull sharks ate them!!" hahahah Obviously joking! At least I will swim now and not worry about being eaten! haha

Nicko and I set up camp while the other two brought stuff over. Jet skiis dont hold alot of cargo, so it was alot of small trips! Finally some other came, Rachel and Beca. Joel and Ford waited on the other side for Ron and the rest. Rachel, Beca, Nicko, and I began to drink and collect fire wood.

Nicko and I had set up a sweet camp! We had hung a large tarp up in the trees and then layed one down to walk on underneath. All the tents were set up like a village around the ground tarp. The fire was in the open far from trees and growth. Not too too far from the tents area.

Finally, Ron and the Rest came with the boat. The baot carried large amounts of cargo, which was needed for the amount of ppl we had. It was Rachel, Beca, Nicko, Joel, Ford ( who is a Kiwi.. cool), Ron, Amanda, Alex the Chef, and Lewis. It was a really good crew of us.

Ron had planned this entire three night weekend. He had been planning for a month. His birthday is Monday and everyone was going to be coming home monday. Plans changed as you will read in my next post. OOOh the suspense! So this trip was a birthday camp out for Ron.

After we made trip after trip lugging cargo up the hill to the campsite, we all drank by the fire. Lewis has a very nice camera, I want one! He was taking the coolest pictures! Him and I were drinking Goons. Its wine from a box. The next morning, my white shirt was.... not soo white. haha It was pink. It was really neat looking though. I was hoping it would stay like that when I washed it. I thought it would, red wine does stain! When I washed it, all the red turned grey. Now it just looks dirty. I told Lewis, we will have to have a re-do! haha Pictures turned out great. I have to wait to get some copies to post. Lewis also had everyone convinced that his name is Lewis Micheal Micheals. hahaha I knew this wasnt the case because I get his mail. He used to live in this unit in Matts room a couple of years ago.

It was a very fun night. Sleeping on the ground was not soo soft, but its managable! It was Saturday night when all the excitment came about! Anticipation! I cannot write about it now. I have spent too much time already and must go for a swim! Its hot!! All the nasty weather from the cyclone is past! We had fabulous weather for camping! :)

1 comment:

  1. A croc climbing a tree, even I questioned that. You're too funny

    ReplyDelete