Arby Local Time

Magic Mushrooms

Magic Mushrooms
Jumping ants attack when High on Magic Mushrooms

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Crazy Canadians!!!

Ugh I just wrote a whole post and then deleted it!!! GRR!

Friday March 6th

Nothing too exciting happened. I had class, came home and cleaned up Cheese!! Did you know that they dont have any orange cheese here in Aus. It is a dye. The cheddar cheese here is white! Weird...

Firday night I just took it easy. Watched a movie with everyone at my place. Did some readings and to bed early.

Saturday March 7th

Went to Mooloolaba beach with Nicko, Rachel, and Amanda. Had some fun playing in the water, then Nicko went to work. Us girls stayed and met up with Jason, the friend I met up with in Brissy who is from Lloydminster. He had brought his friend Frank who is from Taber, Alberta. It was a nice treat to hang out with Canadians. I can notice our accent more now. I really like it. There are alot of things I like about our culture and there are things I like about the Aussie culture too. We played in the water for awhile. These boys have both been here longer then 10 months. They dont come up to the Sunny coast all that often though. They are not soo close to the beach as we are. It was a treat for them as well.

We decided to go back to my house where the boys treated us to a home made steak dinner with spuds, corn on the cob, and pasta salad. It was sooo delicious and also the first steak I have had in a very long time. ( uni students cannot afford such delicousies) After the BBQ and drinking beer and orange juice, we thought it appropriate to play Century. The rules are, you must drink one shot of beer every minute until consuming 100 shots! Not very smart to play after filling our bellies with food and beer. Rachel had beer that was only 2.5% that she mistakenly bought not looking at the % value. We didnt want to get stupid drunk so it was good that we had this. As we hit 20, Amanda started missing every third shot. By time we were at 30, we all agreed to stop at 50. Thank GOD because our tummies were full and we were all burping- GROSS! If it wasnt for being soo full and burping, Im sure we could have made a full century and not just the half. The alcohol was not the deterrant! Thinking about it makes me burp! lol

After this we played more drinking games. Being my mothers daughter, I talked us Canadians into skinny dipping down to the far, more secluded pool. We all jumped out of our clothes, and when we re- emerged from our rooms, we all had Aussie Flag towels!! AWESOME! We had to jump the fence as the gate was locked at 9pm. We brought beer and cameras and had ourselves a very satisfying swim! Because I love photography, and everyone had some liquid courage, I had us all pose leaning up against the side of the pool so that the camera snaped a shot of all our bums! I love the pic but NO, it will never be posted anywhere! hahaha

We were busted by some Aussie friends while swimming around. OOps! Jess stayed to be photographer. We were out in the middle of the apartments, and I had us all moon the camera with our Flag towels. We did alot of silly pictures and I will post a few when I get them. Only the appropriate ones I assure you! haha. No one needs to see 5 white Canadian bums! We all seemed to go to sleep soon after our late night swim.

March Sun, 8th

I reckon Jason had the worst of it in the morning as he barley ate our eeg special scrambler us girls concocted. I thought it was very tasty! Played some tennis on the court as the boys had brought equipment. SO much fun. I havent played since grade 10, and I was horrible then. I obviously learned some coordination since. YAY!

Went swimming and then the boys were gone by 2pm. I went for a nap and then studied a bit. Later on I watched " The Mighty Boosh" with Nicko and Jessica, ( Amanda and Jess's other room mate)

Monday March 9th

School was busy, but not Canada busy. It is pretty slack here. Weather was raining and windy. It is coming from the "cyclone" that is a couple hours north of us. It was said it might hit us, but now they are grading it a "3" and no longer a "5". They call them cyclones and say that hurricanes are an American term. Matt is happy because the waves are soo big even though there is a warning not to swim. Surfers are out there like crazy! Its nice to be able to wear pants for once. And a t-shirt. It was getting a little repettitive with my outfits! Tanks and shorts, tanks and shorts!!

Had a break between my classes. I talked to my best gal Stacey. It was soo nice to hear from her! Its amazing how much her and I can talk. I love it! Now I feel like the 18 yr old girl with all the gossip! hahaha No we are not as bad as 18 yr olds!

I was feeling a little down today and wasnt sure if it was the weather, or if I was homesick or what. Maybe PMS?? Could be. I would bet on the home sick. I was actually a little bit glad the weather was gloomy, it reflected my mood. Only lightly gloomy though. :) I felt better after talking to Stacey!

Went to my last class and watched a movie on Cancer. It was extremely accurate and sad. I was happy the lights were out as I had tears streaming down my face! It was a good reminder that patients with cancer are humans and not objects or work. I think nurses and Doctors need this reminder every once in awhile.

Came home and talked with the girls a bit. Went grocery shopping. Then read a bit and off to bed for me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, being your mothers daughter? I have to mention that I only like to swim naked in private and only with Kev because I don't like the feeling of a soggy bottom. It's really your Grams who was the big skinny dipper of the family. that must be where you get it from because quite often trends skip a generation. Ha Ha. Sorry I missed your skype last night. I had a sore ac joint from shoveling and moving hay bails so I took a celibrex and went to bed early. I have officially quit shoveling for the rest of the season. I'm wintered out. Audrey, a nurse at work is friends with your friend Amanda's mom. love Arbs, xoxoxoMim

    ReplyDelete